Thursday, March 5, 2009

"He knows the lobster man is out there, and he's totally screwed!" OR awesome upcoming trailers for your viewing pleasure

Thursday, March 5, 2009
Sunshine Cleaning



I'm really excited to see this-it looks so sweet! Plus, I love Emily Blunt. Now, those incredibly talented people that put trailers together know exactly what to do to suck the audience in, so surely I am not also motivated to see this film because of the PERFECTLY touching song and accompanying clips. No, not me!

Public Enemies



All scandalous ranting aside, I'm a big fan of Christian Bale. His acting, anyway. I also happen to really enjoy Michael Mann's movies, although I haven't seen the poorly received Miami Vice. I haven't exactly warmed to the immensely popular Johnny Depp, but there is certainly no doubt that he's an excellent actor. He practically exudes acting talent. Did you hear that accent?

X-Men Origins: Wolverine



Two words: Tim Riggins. Just kidding! That only accounts for a fraction of my interest in this movie! Well, a large fraction, but a fraction nonetheless. I'm beginning to grow fond of Hugh Jackman, and I find Liev Schreiber strangely appealing. I also happen to thoroughly enjoy a good action movie, even if it is about mutants and I've never read a single comic book in my life. (By the way, I'm sorry for the annoying red band at the top of the trailer-it just came out TODAY, so I couldn't find a better video.)

Funny People


After watching the trailer something like 10 times, I knew I needed to amend this post. There is something so appealing about Adam Sandler when he takes on more serious roles, even though the funny never really goes away. I hesitated to include the trailer because it's a bit irreverent and slightly bawdy, but I have a real appreciation for movies that can bring on a genuine guffaw and hearty laughter, with just a touch of real human emotion and sweetness. Let's face it, Judd Apatow and crew are masters. Perhaps Eric Bana should channel his comedic self more often?

No comments: