Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's coming along...

Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I'll take a quick break from procrastinating about my paper to share what I've been working on the past few days...

Painting, painting, painting. Fortunately, I've had the help of my brother-in-law's girlfriend, who is also my dearest California friend, and she has been great. We discovered a great Italian deli in my new neighborhood, where they have a delicious Caeser salad-they toss it with penne pasta and large toasted croutons of garlic bread! Why has Rachael Ray not thought of this before? We've worked diligently on painting all of the cabinet doors and drawers from the kitchen (saying "doors and drawers" in the same sentence is really quite a challenge, as I've discovered from the MANY times I've uttered the words over these past few days) and we also sampled two color options for the small third bedroom. It's going to be a tossup between "gobi desert" and "sagey"-for the less imaginative, that's light brown and light green.

The kitchen is almost complete-the second and possibly third coats of paint are what remain, and we should hopefully begin our official move over the weekend. I can't believe that it's only a matter of a mere few days between me and officially cooking in my new kitchen. In what little down time I have, I really should be planning my first home-cooked meal. Then I'll have a bit more to blog about!

As far as the rest of what has been keeping me busy, I have been delving into Ancient and Classical Greece for my graduate class,



relishing decadent pieces of my favorite treat from Trader Joe's,



listening, with great pleasure, to this new Keane album,



guiltily devouring, for the second time, the second novel in the Twilight saga,




and enjoying the steamy waters of the hot tub.

It's a hard life.

No comments: