Monday, October 13, 2008

Blogging from my new house...

Monday, October 13, 2008



Yes, I'm cheating, "borrowing" a wireless connection that miraculously has no password to blog from my house. We have been working hard all day, and I am taking the briefest of breaks before I return to the neverending list of tasks that need doing. Currently, I am sanding the cabinets in the kitchen to prepare them for painting. We've decided upon "vermont cream" as our color of choice. I would love to know who has the job of naming the paint colors. You would not believe how many shades of cream we had to sift through before we lit upon "vermont cream." I have to admit, I'm still a little disappointed that "pot of cream" didn't make the final cut. It sounded so charming and cute.

I arrived at the house at the crack of dawn this morning, as we had an "all-day" appointment with the gas company, which basically means that someone had to be at the house to anticipate the gas man's arrival from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. There is no shortage of work to be done, but being that I was alone, I determined that I had to amuse myself whilst busily scrubbing, sanding, and peeling like a worker bee.

I tuned in to a few old Bones episodes while I gave the cabinets a thorough cleaning. I particularly loved this Halloween episode,

...but alas, I wasn't able to find it on www.hulu.com, and had to resort to a few other episodes.

I also whiled away the time listening to this lovely audiobook:



Still, I cannot get enough of Edward and Bella. I'm an addict. The Twilight saga is exactly "my kind of heroin." (Twilighters will understand what I mean)

I'm hoping to convince my wonderful husband, who arrived a bit later in the morning and has also been working ceaselessly, if we might stop for dinner at Elephant Bar, a California (or Northwest, West) chain restaurant that I have found to be very appealing. Macadamia nut-crusted fish sounds absolutely heavenly to me at this moment, and I think it would be nice to eat at an establishment in our new neighborhood.

On that note, I should return to my kitchen. There is more work to be done! I'll finish my post with one of my favorite Booth/Brennan videos-it includes the moment that I decided I loved this show, when Brennan kicks her legs up! How anyone could not LOVE the two of them after that scene, I don't know. Enjoy!

No comments: