Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All in a day's work...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yes, this is seriously what I donned yesterday to scrub the paint out of my new kitchen sink. Somehow the fact that I was alone in the house while wearing the ridiculous getup made it even funnier. I had to protect myself from the evil fumes emanating from my aerosol can of Goof-Off, a miraculous, though highly suspect super cleaning product. I had a close call the day before when I inhaled just the slightest whiff (I was not wearing my protective gear) and almost passed out. By the way, that is a bird of paradise that I have outside my kitchen window! Birds of paradise, avocado trees, lemon, orange, and apricot trees-it just keeps getting better!



I finally found a set of my plates! The past few days have not been as productive as I'd like, because I've spent them in my garage, precariously balanced on top of piles of boxes with my trusty box cutter, attempting to find all my kitchen stuff. Of COURSE I neglected to mention to the movers that I would like those boxes at the front of the garage. Lest anyone fear that I'm endangering my life climbing on less than sturdy boxes, there is no cause for alarm. I have enough boxes of books that I could build a small house out of them, and they are certainly able to support my weight. You can see from the picture that I am not yet cooking in the house. Instead, I have been eating sandwiches and peanut butter crackers. This delicious everything bagel slathered with jalepeno cream cheese was a refreshing change of pace.


Breakfast has been slightly better, what with the addition of my newest Fiestaware, though I was nothing less than crushed to discover that my local Safeway does not have Cocoa Beach! Blueberry Morning will have to provide a temporary substitute until I make my way back to Palo Alto and purchase at least 10 boxes from the much more appropriately stocked Safeway there. I'm eager to find the rest of my plates, so I should probably make my way back out to the garage...

No comments: