Sunday, November 16, 2008

My idea of heaven...

Sunday, November 16, 2008
...would be this dish:


I came across it in my latest issue of Food and Wine. I recognized Michael Schwartz as a former guest judge on Top Chef, and I tried to read the accompanying article, but I was distracted by the picture of the BLT salad. I racked my brain to try to come up with a more appetizing combination, but alas, I could not. Bacon + blue cheese = divine.

The recipe, taken from Food and Wine magazine, December 2008, pg. 198:

BLT Salad with Blue Cheese

8 thick slices of bacon (4 ounces)
2 tablespoons minced shallot
1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 large head of frisee, torn into bite-size pieces (8 cups)
2 pounds assorted tomatoes, large ones sliced or cut into wedges
6 ounces blue cheese, such as Stilton, cut into 4 equal wedges

1. In a skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Cut the slices in half crosswise.
2. In a small bowl, combine the shallot, vinegar, and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the frisee with the vinaigrette; mound on plates. Arrange the bacon, tomatoes, and blue cheese around the frisee and serve.

You can read the article here:

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/miamis-got-good-taste

1 comment:

J&Co. said...

Amen, sista! I'm glad to know we are going to the same place!