Wednesday, February 12, 2014

browsing history: first post of 2014!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014
It's been a considerable amount of time since I compiled a group of particularly interesting gems.  I don't know what my loyal few have done without me.  How HAVE you gone on? 


I admit that there is really no good excuse to bring Jack Bauer back.  We had closure.  Yet I am still completely excited about this mini-season.  I'm intrigued by the London setting, but why has Chloe become Lisbeth Salander?

Fashion inspired by Franny and Zooey.  I think I might have to start checking out this feature, despite my sad lack of style.

Michael Pollan provides thoughtful info on the paleo diet

Excerpt from a talk by my favorite, Molly Wizenberg.  Love her so, so much.

Some uses for my massive quantities of Meyer lemons that do not involve making Molly's French lemon yogurt cake over and over.

I never thought I would enjoy Matt Damon as much as I do.  He continues to be great.


The final (?) trailer for Divergent has arrived.  Considering that it arrived just before the first trailer for The Fault in our Stars, I am still struggling a bit with the fact that Ansel Elgort, who plays Gus in TFIOS, is Caleb Prior in Divergent.  So brother in one, lover in another.  A bit weird.  On a positive note, both look like solid adaptations.  John Green, the author of The Fault in our Stars, has actively expressed support for the film's production and this first trailer, which is always encouraging for those of us who need the film adaptations to be faithful to the books.

The Fault in our Stars first trailer:


A nice way to review Phillip Seymour Hoffman's best scenes.  I'm especially partial to Along Came Polly.  The most light-hearted fare of the bunch to be sure.  He was a fine talent.






No comments: