Tuesday, August 13, 2013

triumphant

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Granted, if you look at the title closely, you can see that it clearly states "in partial fulfillment of the degree..." but for all intents and purposes, I consider myself FINISHED.  You might think I feel a bit of sadness at being finished, a wistful nostalgia for the days on campus, trips to the library, and scholarly emails.  Truthfully, I am tremendously relieved.  A mighty weight has been lifted from my shoulders, and the freedom I'm currently experiencing far outweighs a sense of pride or accomplishment.  Those 102 pages were extremely hard-wrought, causing me no small amount of anxiety.  A few months from now, I might leaf through my work and reflect upon it with pleasure, but for now, I am relishing loads of non-academic books, unrestricted time with my little guy, and perhaps an afternoon or two of mindless television.

I don't miss you, William Godwin.

No comments: