Tuesday, August 13, 2013

browsing history

Tuesday, August 13, 2013
This particular edition of "browsing history" is a bit dated, given that I started it about two weeks into July and we're just as far into August now.  I still love all the topics, though, so I'm not going to make any changes.

*Mumford & Sons' video for "Hopeless Wanderer."  Jason Bateman is obviously the best, particularly when he's draped in 3+ instruments.

*The American Sean Bean, or, for diehard 24 fans, Chase:

*Cover art for Molly Wizenberg's follow-up to A Homemade Life (via the July 8, 2013 entry on Orangette). I am so very excited about this!

*Truly, the Sharknado phenomenon is endlessly humorous. Tweets and all.

*First full trailer for Catching Fire.  I think it's time to admit that when it comes to the books, I'm Team Peeta.  The movies, however? Team Gale.

*I'm going to make these gorgeous little strawberry muffins from Sprouted Kitchen as soon as I can pick up some more strawberries.  Post coming up soon about SpK's extremely delicious Coconut Loaf.


*Quinoa, best-dressed toddler on Pinterest. One of my favorite finds of the month.

*Design Sponge's "Living In: Girls Just Want to Have Fun".  I love this almost as much as I would have loved the post if it had been about the similarly titled movie.





The Colbert Report
Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Video Archive

*I tried really hard, for a number of years, to actively dislike Matt Damon.  I blame The Talented Mr. Ripley, and to be totally fair, it was his bang-up job in that film that instigated my aversion to begin with.  However, I have to admit defeat.  He's pretty great.  See what Cinesnark's Sarah writes about him and this latest trip to the Colbert Report here. P.S. Excuse the strange blank video screen that is somehow permanently attached to this post.


No comments: