Sunday, November 9, 2014

Shut up. This is a perfect song.

Sunday, November 9, 2014



Ahem [sheepishly clearing throat].  Yes, I confess to being entirely, unreasonably obsessed with Taylor Swift's new album.  Which, incidentally, is named 1989 BECAUSE SHE WAS BORN IN 1989.  Maybe you won't think I'm unreasonable when you actually listen to it.  Perhaps you'll be charmed.  You might fall into a black hole of Taylor Swift obsession, reading her recent profile in Vanity Fair, revisiting her older albums, and relishing her obvious dislike for Justin Bieber.  

Yes, Taylor Swift is a polarizing figure.  She does, in fact, wear a lot of 1950's bathing suit-type outfits.  Her romantic choices are both questionable (Harry Styles, Taylor Lautner) and gross (JOHN MAYER).  Probably everything that has ever happened to her has ended up as a song lyric.  Either way, I cannot stop listening to this album.  It's like some sort of nostalgic, super pop visit back to high school.  And for the record, it's not "Shake it Off" constantly on repeat over here, where just this morning, I heard my little guy say "No Taylor Swift."   Try "Out of the Woods"!  

P.S.Thanks to my friend J for sending me the SNL video.  She refrains from making fun of me when I share these things with her.  Things like a deep, dark love for Taylor Swift.  

No comments: