Tuesday, October 16, 2012

weekly distractions

Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Ok, I wholeheartedly confess that I am borrowing a page from dooce.com's playbook here.  She has a post every week or so entitled "stuff I found while looking around" containing all kinds of interesting Internet tidbits.  Inevitably fascinating and often totally obscure, her discoveries are far more intriguing than mine, but I liked the idea of collating some of the things I enjoyed most during my daily weekly obsessive browsing.  Of course, everything I read is heavily pop culture-based, but that shouldn't surprise my loyal few.

Classic movie posters with a Toy Story twist...-courtesy of graphic designer Jim Tuckwell

Coldplay's latest video, dystopian comic-styles:


Over at Lainey Gossip, Duana (frequent contributor) joyfully expounds on the news that Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will be hosting the Golden Globes-including a hilarious photo bomb...

Equal parts heart-wrenching and impressive-Henry Thomas' audition tape for E.T., via Huffington Post

New, harrowing trailer for Zero Dark Thirty:


NY Times piece on the background of Justin Cronin's rise to fame with The Passage.  The second novel in the trilogy, The Twelve, is out today.  I'm so excited I can barely stand to start it, dreading its inevitable conclusion!




No comments: