Tuesday, December 13, 2011

i know this sun will set to rise

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I sat poised over my laptop at exactly 9:58 yesterday morning, two minutes before the presale for Coldplay tickets began.  As is usual in these situations, my back was tensed and ramrod straight.  My credit card number clearly memorized.  My mind plotting the diagram of the stage and which side had the best view.  I would not be defeated this time, Ticketmaster/LiveNation/supplier of concert tickets.

The good news is that I did manage to obtain tickets.  It's tough, obviously, to get great seats when buying for group, even a small one like ours, but the alternative of not sitting together is dreadful.  It looks like I'm going to have to use my "wait a few months" strategy to improve upon our otherwise fairly forlorn seats.  Take note, Coldplay.  This is what happens when you wait a veritable ETERNITY to return to the US for a tour.

For the record, Mylo Xyloto isn't my favorite album (that would be Viva la Vida), but I'm warming to it day by day.  Besides "Paradise," I'm really loving "Hurts like Heaven" and "UFO."  I should also say that I'm still rattled every time I hear Rihanna's voice on "Princess of China."  Something wrong about that.



P.S.  I feel that there was some illegal substances involved in the production/conception of this video.

No comments: