Monday, August 22, 2011

our greatest accomplishment

Monday, August 22, 2011
DSC 0171























Meet Baby A.  He was born on July 5, at 4:15 pm, approximately twelve hours after we arrived at the hospital.  We are absolutely smitten with him, in all his perfection!  He was a solid 9 pounds, 9 ounces, and 21 inches long.  It wouldn't have mattered one bit, of course, had he been a little peanut and weighed 6 pounds, but I had always secretly had my heart set on having a ginormous baby.  I got my wish!

Our first month has been a dream, and I know that some day soon I will long for the sleep-deprived nights and most precious feeling of snuggling with a newborn, who wants nothing more than to be in our arms.  It has already gone so much faster than I thought it would.  My heart is bursting with love, every single second, for our little boy.  He is the greatest blessing we could have ever been given, and I still cannot believe he is ours.

No comments: