Sunday, August 1, 2010

latest doings, goings-on...

Sunday, August 1, 2010
You may have noticed that my presence on the old blog has been rather erstwhile. A few teensy posts here and there, yet again shameful relapses with my Top Chef recaps...

There are good, sound excuses for this, however. My SH's best friend, whom I happen to adore, has moved back to the country, having spent the past five years far, far away in Denmark. He'll be living in LA, a mere hour's flight from us. As we still don't have the inevitable Joey's apartment over the garage ready, we've just enjoyed him as a house guest from the moment he arrived a week ago. Nights of grilling, long, delicious dinners, trips to trader joe's to experiment with all of their new or unfamiliar products... It's a lot of eating, I'll tell you, but lots of laughing and good catching up too.




I've also been immensely distracted by this fascinating new thriller, which, by the way, was NOT on my summer reading list.



I literally could not put it down. I had to make myself go to bed each night instead of reading. Yes, if you casually scrutinize the dust cover, you may see things like "government experiment gone awry" and, heaven forbid, "vampire." Do not be put off! This one is good!



Of course, there is also the matter of the "year of the wedding," keeping me away from home constantly. The latest one was for my beloved cousin, and I was enlisted to assist my fabulously talented sister in constructing the wedding cake and groom's whoopie pies. Look those up-it's an East Coast dessert with Amish origins, not an inappropriately titled dish. And these were DELICIOUS.

All of this to say, I have been BUSY. In a very good way, though. I'll be home, and back to normal routine, very soon.

P.S. I haven't forgotten those crazy chefs!



- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: