All of this talk of gardening is meant to bring me back to my main purpose-getting back to my beloved blogging routine. INCLUDING Top 5 Tuesdays. Though I'm sure no one has kept count, it's been something like 25 weeks since I've thrown together a list. I have chosen Oscar fashion for my triumphant return.
5. Maggie Gyllenhaal. I'm pretty sure that my BFF Rose would be proud of me for this selection. It's the most fashion-forward of my choices. I can see why some might recoil at the crazy pattern, but I think Maggie pulled it off. Plus, the bustle-y back should give critics pause.
4. Demi Moore. Moving on to what I would consider the most conventional of my favorite Oscar fashions. It's not so much that I think Demi's dress is spectacular, or even especially unique. It's the whole big picture that's great. The skin! The eyes! The hair! The spare but beautiful jewels! Demi has still got the elusive "it."
3. Sandra Bullock. This frock wasn't my favorite at first glance. In fact, I believe my initial reaction was "No, Sandra! No!" Upon closer scrutiny, however, and observing the way she carried herself on an evening that was bound to be all about her, I changed my mind. It's a glamourous, old-fashiond Hollywood gown, after all. A good choice for a big night.
2. Rachel McAdams. Love her, love the dress, love everything. Can Rachel McAdams lose? I don't think so.
P.S. Rachel presented with Jake Gyllenhaal, and they seemed quite smitten with each other backstage. Could the be the beginnings of a dreamy new couple?
1. Kristen Stewart. Say what you will, naysayers, about the shy, awkward presentation (which I found endearing). My girl NAILED it on the fashion front. Appropriately elegant for the occasion yet perfectly suited to her relative youth.
More to come soon on our Oscar soiree, my Valentine's day dessert, and my potentially hazardous Twilight obsession.
It's good to be back.